5.21.2015

My Small World Quilt Along

When  I saw a picture on Instagram of a new Quilt Along I knew I wanted to join!
Kerry and a group of bloggers are hosting the Small World Quilt Along.
Link HERE for all the info on the Quilt Along.

The pattern is by Jen Kingswell and can be found in a special Spring issue of Quiltmania.
I found my copy at my local Barnes and Noble bookstore.

I have admired Jen Kingswell's work and have wanted to make one of her patterns for some time.

I love the Small World Quilt because of its use of different bits of fabric and the theme of the quilt - an interesting and vibrant city made up of quilt blocks : )

The sky in my quilt is blue and I achieved that by using a combination of light value cream and blue fabrics.

Fashion is a passion of mine so I decided to make my Small World a very chic city complete with stylish women in the windows of the skyscrapers.

If you need a few more low volume prints to make your Small World Quilt, here are a few ideas.

Becca at Sew Me a Song has a lovely F8 bundle of low volume fabrics in her shop.

 This bundle is also a beauty!

Becca carries the fashion print from Japanese designer Suzuko Koseki, that I used for the skyscraper windows

I am looking forward to finding just the perfect pieces of fabric in my stash to make this quilt!

Happy Sewing
xo
Charise






1 comment:

  1. i have the Japanese fabric! I intend to make a shirt, so I can really showcase it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!